Check back frequently to stay updated
Dates to Remember for the Class of 2024
- August 9
- August 30
- Senior Sunrise with donuts, juice, water & coffee | CHS Stadium | 6:30 a.m.
- August 31
- Senior Class Meeting | 4th period
- Schedule a meeting with Ms. Neff to ensure that all graduation requirements will be met.
- September 11
- College & Career Information Night for Parents & Students | CHS Cafe | 6 p.m.
- September 13
- Josten's Cap & Gown Assembly | CHS Gymnasium | 3rd Period
- September 15
- October 4 | Soccer Senior Night
- October 7
- Homecoming Dance | CHS Gymnasium | 7-10 p.m.
- October 12 | Volleyball Senior Night
- October 13 | Band, Cheer, Choir, Cross Country, ESports, Football, Golf Senior Night
- JVS Cap and Gown Assembly at LCJVS at 8am in the Quarry Room
- JVS Cap and Gown orders Tuesday Nov. 14 during all lunch periods in the main lobby
- If planning or considering going to college, complete the Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA)
- *Note that the exact date has not been Determined.
- JVS Cap and Gown orders Thursday Dec. 14 during all lunch periods in the main lobby
- December 21
- Last Day to order Cap & Gown
- January 4 | Wrestling Senior Night
- January 24
- February 7 | Girls Basketball Senior Night
- February 16 | Bowling, Boys Basketball, Cheer Senior Night
- March 7
- Cap & Gown Pickup | Columbia Foundation Media Center Door
- May 1
- 20 Hours of Community Service completed and Community Service Log turned into Mrs. Hechko
- Graduation Application Due
- May 3
- Senior Panoramic | CHS Gymnasium | 8:00 a.m.
- Senior Breakfast & Senior Superlatives| CHS Cafeteria | 8:10a.m.
- Prom | Columbia Ballroom | 6 - 10 p.m.
- May 14
- Senior Exams for Periods 5-9
- May 15
- Senior Exams for Periods 1-4
- May 17
- Commencement Rehearsal
- Senior Clapout | CHS, CMS, & Copopa
- Senior Lunch | Columbia Park
Information & Forms
- Will be handed out at the senior class meeting on the second day of school and will be sent to the senior's school email.
- The Senior Clarification form lists exactly how seniors would like their names displayed on their diploma. This is an official document, and the name should be the same as what is listed on the student's birth certificate.
Cap and Gown and Announcement Information
- Jostens will meet with the senior class on September 13, at CHS
- Jostens will take orders on September 20.
- If you are a JVS student, Mr. Torbert will be at JVS on Thursday, Nov. 9 to meet with all seniors in the Quarry Room at 8am. Orders can be placed at the JVS on Tuesday, November 14 and Thursday, December 14 during all lunch periods in the main lobby.
- Download more information concerning late orders or orders to purchase only the cap/gown.
- Call Jostens directly and speak with a service representative at 1.800.JOSTENS (567-8367) for additional information. You can also receive information by email at www.jostens.com/contact.
- LATE FEES WILL APPLY IF NOT ORDERED BY DECEMBER 21, 2023.
Senior Portrait Deadline is on March 18, 2024.
- Cavanaugh Photography is Columbia's Senior photographer.
- Seniors have the option to have their portraits taken at CHS on January 24.
- If seniors choose the onsite date, they will have the opportunity to choose the portrait that will be used for the composite, yearbook, and Rural-Urban news publication and have the opportunity to purchase this portrait if desired. Click here for more information
Future Communications & Notifications
Senior Information End of First Semester (sent out in January)
- This letter will provide information regarding various academic requirements and clarify some operational procedures prior to graduation. The flip side of the letter lists important dates as seniors move into their final semester at CHS. This will be mailed with first-semester report cards and posted at the beginning of the second semester.
Senior 4th Quarter Letter (sent out in March/April)
- This letter consists of events for the end of the year and reminders pertaining to graduation.
Graduation Application (sent out in May)
- The bottom portion of this application must be returned to the main office indicating whether or not the student will be participating in the graduation ceremony.
- The student and parent/guardian signatures are required even if the senior is 18 years of age.
Commencement Instructions (sent out in May)
- This letter contains specific instructions for the commencement ceremony.
*For Planning & Scheduling Purposes, Please Note All Dates Are Subject To Change