LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE – LITTLE RAIDERS PRESCHOOL TEACHER
QUALIFICATIONS: Proper teacher certification/licensure for early childhood intervention and education as established by the Ohio Department of Education.
CONTRACT DATE: Starting on approximately December 6, 2023 through the remainder of the 2023/24 school year.
SALARY: $140.00 per day
BROAD FUNCTION: The Teacher manages his/her team in such a way that his/her goals and objectives support and amplify goals of the school district. The Teacher assists in the functions of (1) planning and developing, (2) implementing, and (3) evaluating and revising the educational program. In addition, the teacher (4) is actively involved in parent, colleague, and student relations and (5) participates in personal development activities.
- Develops long and short-term instructional objectives appropriate to individual needs of each student based on formal and informal assessment and observations.
- Provides instruction in concert with the identified curricular objectives.
- Conferences with the family to develop strategies and training in working with the special needs of each child.
- Serves as a resource to parents in regards to services available through local agencies.
- Completes progress reports as scheduled. Schedules parent conferences bi-annually. Has weekly communication with parents.
- Maintains a working knowledge of special education requirements with IDEIA.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum for 3-5 year old children with and without disabilities.
- Selects and develops instructional materials and equipment appropriate for 3-5 year old children enrolled in the early childhood program.
- Serves as an advocate for the students through open, positive communication with the families, district, professionals and the community.
- Consistently becomes involved in professional growth opportunities and develops a professional growth plan.
- Coordinates special education and related services, interprets and communicates appropriate educational program needs to Individual Education Plan team members.
- Initiates and maintains consistent standards of classroom behavior in accordance with established school rules, administrative regulations and governance policies.
- Maintains a safe and secure physical environment conducive to learning.
- Maintains accurate and thorough records as required by law, governance policies and administrative regulations and ensures confidentiality of student records and information.
- Builds professional relationships with colleagues, working collaboratively and cooperatively in staff meetings, committee and inservice activities.
- Performs other duties and functions as required by the Director of Special Education.
Jamie Maassen, Director of Special Education
Columbia Local School District
Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
Post: October 5, 2023
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Columbia Local School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, age, disability or on the basis of legally acquired genetic information in employment or the provision of services.