Attention Columbia JVS Parents,
The district will provide afternoon busing home for our JVS students. Students returning to CHS from the JVS on the afternoon shuttle can transfer to a high school bus for transportation home.
This service will only be provided on days that CLSD has school. If school is not in session, you will need to make arrangements for your transportation from the high school.
If you have any questions, please contact Transportation at (440) 236-8222. Thank you.
Transportation of Students in Grades K-8
SINGLE LOCATION PICK-UP:
Students utilizing bus service will be picked-up and/or dropped-off by a Columbia bus at a single location, morning and afternoon, for the entire school year. For routing and planning purposes this location will be a designated bus stop assigned at or near your home address.
To accommodate daycare and sitters, families may change this address to another single, designated location within District boundaries. This change will be in effect for the entire school year. No day-to-day, week-to-week, or morning/afternoon changes will be permitted.
ALTERNATE TRANSPORATION REQUEST:
Parents requesting to designate a location other than their child’s home address for pick-up and drop-off must complete an Alternate Transportation Form.
To ensure appropriate bus scheduling for the 2018/19 school year, this form is to be submitted to the Columbia Local Schools Transportation Department on or before May 18, 2018.
An Alternate Transportation Form link can be found at the bottom of this page. Please call the Transportation Department at (440)236-8222 if you have questions or need any further guidance.
BUS ROUTE CHANGES:
Any changes made to the bus routes due to road construction projects or growth in student population will be posted on our website: www.columbia.k12.oh.us . Parents/guardians will also be notified via our all-call notification system.
Columbia Local School District bus regulations for students are as follows: (Board Policy JFCC-R)
1. Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes before the bus is
scheduled to arrive.
2. Pupils must wait at the designated point of safety and stay
clear of traffic.
3. Behavior at school bus stops must not threaten life, limb, or
4. Pupils must go directly to their assigned seat.
5. Pupils must remain properly seated, keeping aisles, windows,
and exits clear.
6. Pupils must maintain classroom conduct and obey the driver
promptly and respectfully.
7. Pupils must use proper language at all times. Pupils should
avoid any unnecessary disturbing noises and must be
silent at railroad crossings.
8. Pupils must refrain from eating or drinking on the bus and
help keep the bus clean.
9. Pupils must not possess or use tobacco on the bus.
10. Pupils must not possess or use alcohol or drugs on the bus.
11. Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from, or into the
12. Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held
safely in their laps. (No animals, large instruments, etc.)
13. Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they
have been assigned.
14. Pupils must not violate the school conduct code.
15. Pupils must cross all roads at least ten (10) feet in front of the
bus. Before crossing, look to the driver for a hand signal.
Does your child need to be transported to an address other than your residence? Please carefully read the following form for instructions: