SCHOOL BUS RULES
Columbia Local School District bus regulations for students are as follows: (Board Policy JFCC-R)
1. Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop ten (10) minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
2. Pupils must wait at the designated point of safety and stay clear of traffic.
3. Behavior at school bus stops must not threaten life, limb, or property.
4. Pupils must go directly to their assigned seat.
5. Pupils must remain properly seated, keeping aisles, windows and exits clear.
6. Pupils must maintain classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
7. Pupils must use proper language at all times. Pupils should avoid any unnecessary, disturbing noises and MUST BE SILENT AT RAILROAD CROSSINGS.
8. Pupils must refrain from eating or drinking on the bus and help keep the bus clean.
9. Pupils must not possess or use tobacco on the bus.
10. Pupils must not possess or use alcohol or drugs on the bus.
11. Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
12. Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held safely in their laps. (no animals, large musical instruments, etc.)
13. Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned.
14. Pupils must not violate the student conduct code.
15. Pupils must cross all roads at least ten (10) feet in front of the bus. Before crossing, look to the driver for a hand signal.
Does your child need to be transported to an address other than your residence? Please carefully read the following form for instructions: